If you own a website, sooner or later you will realize that its development is impossible without search engine promotion. Let’s say you found a Seo specialist and gave him access to the site and analytics systems. In the future, you will receive a list of recommendations for improving the resource – in structure, meta-tags, content, design, etc.
You need to understand why all this is needed and what an SEO specialist can do for your site.
Of course, everything will depend on the subject of the site, search engine, and country of promotion, but in general, the promotion process is unchanged. There are certain mandatory stages of promoting a site on the Internet.
THE MAIN STAGES OF WEBSITE PROMOTION
- Technical audit of the site, analysis of niches and competitors
After gaining access to Google Analytics and Google Search Console, begin to analyze the products/services of your site and evaluate the site for all characteristics. This will give an understanding of what should be done in the first place, i.e a website development strategy and a detailed work plan are being developed.
What your SEO specialist should be doing at this stage?
- Analyze the visibility of the site for high-, medium- and low-frequency key queries.
- Monitor competitors to find the best sides of competitors’ sites and apply them to yourself.
- Analyze the structure of thematic sites in the TOP.
- Analyze the profile of competitors’ links.
- Looking for key phrases for which to create and optimize individual pages.
- Analyze search results, pages in the index of search engines
Why is a technical audit necessary?
The SEO optimizer needs to determine what changes should be made to the site. For example, make a mobile adaptation, change the CMS (content management system), move to the secure protocol HTTPS. It will also allow you to calculate the cost of promoting the site – copywriting, purchasing external links, etc. Global changes should be made immediately, otherwise, after a few months of site optimization, you may find yourself at a dead-end due to the inability to implement technical changes.
- Collection of the semantic core
You already have an audit of the site and a further work plan. What your Seo specialist should be doing at this stage? The optimizer collects keywords with the help of specialized services and distributes them into groups.
Keywords will be needed for:
- site structure development
- compiling meta tags and titles
- writing texts
- internal relinking
- external optimization
- site position analysis
The semantic core can contain from several hundred to several thousand key queries.
- Development of the site structure
Google regularly improves its algorithms and presents the most relevant pages (which best meet the user’s query) in the search results. For example, if users are looking for a “golden smartphone with white keys” – the site should have such a page. Without creating a broad semantic core, you will not see your site in the TOP.
- A separate page should be created for each group of key phrases.
- Category pages should contain high-frequency queries, and filter pages should contain low- and medium-frequency queries.
- Writing a vehicle for internal optimization
The terms of reference for internal optimization are also developed on the basis of Seo-audit.
The following items should be implemented:
- automatic formation of meta-tags based on templates
- formation of human-understanding URLs (CNC)
- filter page URL optimization
- speeding up the loading of site pages
- removal of duplicate pages
- creating a site map and a robots.txt file
- optimization of page titles
- pagination page optimization
- closing from indexing of garbage pages
- Internal relinking
Internal relinking makes it easier for the user and the search engine to navigate the site. There is often a problem with filter pages that the search engine cannot access.
ALSO READ: Check out this FREE positive SEO audit
- Content optimization
The SEO specialist manually enters meta tags and headers. And texts play an important role in optimizing the site. He writes optimized texts with collected key phrases.
- Work on usability
Search engines began to pay much attention to the behavior of users on the site. At this stage, your SEO specialists should be able to
- reduce the failure rate;
- increase the percentage of user returns;
- increase the time spent by users on the pages.
For example, clear site navigation will reduce bounce rates. Proper design of the page “About us” helps to increase the trust of users and search engines. Google Analytics and Hotjar analytics services play an important role in analyzing user behavior on the site.
- increase the time spent by users on the pages.
- External site optimization
Here it is important to understand that the more trust, thematic resources link to your site, the more trust you have in search engines.
What your SEO specialists should be doing at this stage?
- buy links on exchanges;
- add natural free links (from forums, directories, and other external resources);
- publish useful content that users link to themselves.
- Increase conversions
What should your SEO specialists be doing at this stage?
- simplify forms of ordering goods/services
- add additional communication methods
- work with feedback
- set up e-mail distribution and more
- Optimization of important pages
Due to the constant updating of search algorithms, Seo-specialists regularly make changes in the promotion strategy, refine the semantics, structure of the site, make changes to the texts, organize internal relinking, update meta-tags, add external links.
All the described stages are not suitable only for Landing pages (one-page sites).
There are many subtleties that we did not touch on in this article. Therefore, for quality site promotion, contact our specialists!