As SEO Specialist: Every online business owner wants to have a lot of visitors and therefore a lot of sales. In this article, we want to explain the basic responsibilities of a SEO-Specialist and what knowledge and skills you need to have to get such a position.
WHAT SHOULD A JUNIOR SEO SPECIALIST KNOW?
A novice SEO specialist must understand the principles of search engines. The ranking of sites is influenced by their external and internal optimization. The work of a SEO Specialist is aimed at improving these factors (optimizing the structure of the site, filling with useful content and key phrases, working on a reputation in the network, etc.). If the site meets all these criteria – search engines raise it high in search results.
Website promotion is a long procedure that requires regular work and analysis.
Need to know:
- Search engine algorithms;
- Principles of internet marketing;
- The basics of Internet advertising;
- Copywriting rules;
- Have an idea of what a user-friendly site should be like (usability).
WHAT SHOULD AN SEO SPECIALIST BE ABLE TO DO?
We have described all the requirements for a specialist in this field in our vacancy for the position of “SEO Specialist”.
Here are some of them:
- Compiling a broad semantic core
- Comprehensive internal site optimization
- Compiling meta tags Title, Description
- Knowledge of SEO-Programs and services (SERP stat, Screaming Frog, WebSite Auditor, TopSite, etc.)
- Availability of Google Analytics and Google Adwords certificates
- Build weight of external links (LinkBuilding)
- Develop site development strategies
The advantage will be:
- Availability of a portfolio
- Knowledge of English
- Basic knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS
The SEO-Specialist has a lot to do to analyze: the general condition of the site, its competitors, market trends, and then implement improvements to the site.
Stages of site search promotion
- Collection and implementation of semantics (key phrases that describe the activities of the customer)
- Internal optimization (site content: meta tags, content, download speed, robots.txt and sitemap.xml settings)
- External optimization (work with external links to the site)
Job responsibilities of a SEO Specialist
- Conducting SEO- and usability-audit of the site;
- Monitoring of competitors;
- Development strategy development;
- Improving behavioral factors;
- Tracking changes in search engine algorithms and appropriate site optimization;
- Writing SEO-Articles;
- Monitoring of site positions;
- Compiling reports for customers.
HOW TO BECOME A GOOD SEO SPECIALIST?
- A combination of theory and practice. Receiving theoretical knowledge in parallel, try to implement the acquired knowledge in practice (for example, on your own site). Specialized courses and internships are the best way to become a professional SEO specialist.
- For prompt analysis and correct collection of the semantic core, learn to use SEO-Tools: SERP stat, Google Analytics, ScreamingFrog, etc.
- Regularly monitor changes and innovations in the market. Be creative and try to implement something unique.
- LOVE WHAT YOU DO!
Silahub Web Studio is an experienced professional who will not only create a quality Internet resource but also make it a niche leader! Contact us today!