SMM ( Social Media Marketing ) – the promotion of goods / services through social networks. The main goals of Social media marketing include:
- Improving brand awareness.
- Growing interest from buyers.
- Communications with existing and potential customers.
Activities on social networks will give your audience the opportunity to feel involved in your company, improve your services and increase customer loyalty.
But first you need to determine what social media network is best for your business, where your target audience can be found.
In SMM the most important factors are:
- Quality content;
- Permanent job;
- Work with the negative.
HOW TO START AN SMM STRATEGY?
What is the goal – Who to go to – Where to go – How to go
- Determine what you want to achieve ( What goal? )
- Define your target audience ( Who to go to? )When determining the target audience, be guided by the following parameters: gender, age, interests, immediate environment.Not all your customers are your consumers. Maybe they bought your product as a gift or something. But you do not need to lose such buyers.SMM will not only increase the recognition of your brand, but also affect the ranking of the site in search results.
- Determine which social networks are best suited for this ( Where to go? )When choosing sites, do not try to be everywhere. Perform an analysis to determine only those social networks that your target audience prefers and register there. The most popular are: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, LinkedIn. For example, Facebook has only a solvent audience. Twitter is the most popular microblog. Youtube is the best video hosting.Always place links to social networks on your site.You can see from which social networks the most visitors to your site are in Google Analytics.
- Create a content strategy and customer engagement plan ( How to go? )After determining the interests of your target audience, you will understand what content you need – topics and type of presentation:
- Contests, promotions, raffles, bonuses;
- Special projects;
- Series of useful articles, workshops, videos, etc.
- Filling your group on social networks with useful and interesting information, you will be joined by friends of friends.Posts should be short and informative with pictures or videos. Update content no more than 3 times a day.Social networks are a place of rest for users, not for shopping. So do not force them to buy something from you.
Be sure to fill out the company page and the page of the employee who runs it.
- Support the SMM campaign with two-way communication.Online presence should be regular. All the information you post should be spread on the net. If this is not the case, you need to analyze what you are doing wrong. It may be necessary to hold a competition or other.
An SMM specialist should “include” the average person for effective communication: less common phrases and templates, less sales, less control, etc. This strategy creates barriers to communication, even in real life. Imagine that you are just talking to a person.
And of course, don’t forget that your online stay should be permanent! Contact Silahub