Before any important event, we check every detail to make sure everything is in place. This also applies to the launching site. The perfect presentation of your company on the Internet will affect its future. Therefore, before launching your site, use the list below.
CHECKING THE TECHNICAL PART OF SITE
Before your site launch, you should make sure the technical framework of your site is in harmony to give you the desired result. Just like in automobiles, all wirings should be correctly done to avoid explosions or mishaps. Is your site accessible, usable, and easy to navigate? Here are some technicalities to look out for before you launch your site.
- walk around the site and check the correctness of all forms;
- test the site for correct display in all browsers and any extensions (cross-browser and adaptability);
- test for validity (compliance with web standards);
- check the download speed of the most important pages of the site.
Currently, there is a new model of indexing Google Mobile-First Index, which means that you need to ensure that the site displays correctly on smartphones and tablets.
CHECKING THE SECURITY OF INFORMATION ON THE SITE
There are a lot of fraudulent sites and activities on the web today. Can your website be trusted by users? How tight is the security of your site? If users don’t trust your site then they won’t use it. To avoid this, here are a few tips to see before launching that site.
- configured automatic backup of the site;
- technical pages closed from indexing;
- confidential data from users of the site;
- enough memory on the server;
- you can quickly learn about server outages.
CHECKING SITE CONTENT
- whether titles and meta-tags are spelled out;
- check the quality of all site content (uniqueness, absence of spelling mistakes, structure);
- delete all test publications;
- check the quality of images and photos of goods.
Regular updating and adding information to the site are welcomed by search engines. Take care of the Blog, News, or other sections.
INTERNAL SITE OPTIMIZATION CHECK
- the pages have promotional key queries;
- correctly configured redirects;
- installed and configured web analytics system (we recommend using Google Analytics);
- human-understandable howls (CNCs) are formed;
- formed Sitemap.xml;
- Google Search Console is connected and configured;
- whether and whether page 404 is properly designed;
- whether the site has a favicon icon.
CHECKING THE INTEGRATION OF THE SITE WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS:
- whether there are buttons “Like” and “Share”;
- whether there is a block for adding comments, feedback;
- whether there is registration and authorization through social networks;
- whether the company’s pages are in social networks;
- whether social networking widgets are configured on the site.
OPEN A SITE FOR INDEXING IN ROBOTS.TXT.
A very important point that is often forgotten. After testing and correcting all the shortcomings, you MUST open the site for indexing by search engines. Otherwise, your site will never get in the search results!
Now you see how much you need to check before releasing the site. The more carefully you check all the details, the more successful your site will be in the future!
Our specialists test the site at all stages of creation, so in the end, we can guarantee its compliance with all the requirements of search engines and visitors. Contact us for the development and promotion of sites of any complexity and functionality!